Memories...

Hello good people of Earth. Even if y'all are bad peeps, hey!
I know the title already got some of ya singing the song by Maroon 5. I advice you sing it after this. 

Memories...*sigh* it's good to have them and it's also a terrible thing. 
I sit here today and memories come flooding back. I try my best to repress the bad ones with the good ones but it doesn't work that way. 

I have a great memory. Those who know me well know this. Sometimes, I remember details that even you the speaker doesn't remember. I'm that good. 
So...why the freaking hell am I talking about memories today? 

It's simple. For some of us, memories give us dreams and for some of us, it's nightmares. Memories are good like I said before. For example, I laugh each time I remember when my friends and I planned a sleepover or party in our junior common room. Those Friday nights were the best. Those memories give me great dreams about our time in Vale. 

The bad memories though...we still gotta deal with it. I have had numerous nightmares. At a point, they were so many that I was writing them down. It always had something to do with a loved one or myself dying. These nightmares are from bad experiences that I've had. Like that one time when they were shooting at my school in broad daylight. We hear gunfires at night but this day was different. It was like we were all gonna be kidnapped by terrorists. 

What's the point of all this crap talking? I'm advising you and myself to learn to deal with these bad memories. Just as we laugh over there good ones, we should cry over the bad ones too. That seems fair and it takes a lot of weight of the mind. 

I love my mental health and I'm sure you do too. Don't let memories haunt you and don't forget them so easily. You learn to be stronger from them. You might not see it immediately but eventually, you will. 

Peace✌
Jojo

Comments